Out of Town Visitors
Indianapolis International Airport is only twenty minutes from the downtown Indianapolis and our Monastery.
Shuttle, limousine, and rental car options are available, but please contact the monastery to see if a member of our community is available to drive you to and from the airport.
"For those who reside and work here, our Indianapolis has a quality about it that makes even the heart of a bustling downtown feel like home. When visitors arrive, they too experience the Hoosier character and hospitality that make Indianapolis special." - indy.gov
Transportation to and from Indianapolis Airport
- Go Express: The Go Green Airport Shuttle is the express Indianapolis Airport shuttle serving Downtown Indianapolis. Their most popular stops serve Lucas Oil Stadium, The Convention Center, and The Marriott Complex (JW Marriott). The shuttle operates from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM, every half hour, 7 days a week. Priority is given to online reservations. Drivers do not accept cash as payment, and it is strongly recommend that you book a round trip reservation online so you won’t have to wait for the next bus! At the airport, Cash and Major Credit Cards are accepted but walk-ups may have to wait for the next shuttle.
- Car Rentals: There's no need to take a shuttle to rent a car at Indianapolis International! Just a short walk from the terminal, eight rental car counters from which to choose are located in the Ground Transportation Center (first floor of the Parking Garage). Please contact the company of your choice for more information.
- Taxis: There is a $15 minimum charge for all fares from the airport, regardless of distance. If you need to travel outside the Indianapolis area, consult your driver for rates. Fares may not exceed the amount shown on the meter. Please tip drivers appropriately for their service.
- IndyGo: IndyGo offers transportation from the airport to The Julia M. Carson Transit Center (201 E. Washington Street), which is the hub for public transit, and from there one can take the appropriate bus to our location, one that travels north on Meridian Street.
- Driving or Walking: Please consult Google Maps and enter the appropriate addresses. However, if you are in downtown Indianapolis, head north on Meridian Street to 22nd Street. Make a right onto 22nd Street, heading east. At the first light, which is Pennsylvania Street, make a right turn. The first intersection on the left is Charlotte Place. The Monastery is on the corner of Charlotte and Pennsylvania. Proceed to the side gate on Charlotte Place and enter the gate which leads to the meditation and prayer space.
Urban Transit Options
- INDYGO: IndyGo provides bus transportation to the residents of Indianapolis and the Monastery’s centralized location which makes the Monastery readily accessible. One simply takes the appropriate route to Meridian Street, disembarking between 21st and 22nd Street, and walking one block West to our location. For the appropriate routing, please consult the IndyGo transit website: http://www.indygo.net/route/
- BLUE INDY: The city has reinvented itself by providing access to electric vehicles that can be picked up and dropped off at various locations. Some 200 stations are planned for Indy and you can find an electric car in most parts of the city. The closest Blue Indy location is only one block west and north of the Monastery, on 22nd Street between N. Delaware Avenue and N. Talbott Street.